The Art of Appreciating Luxury Watches
To the everyman, watches are an odd thing to place so much value over. To those avid collectors, however, it’s a no-brainer. At the very heart, it’s all about the craftsmanship, appreciation of the movement, as well as the intricacy of the design. Many brands have gained prominence over the years and that remains one of the biggest factors in determining value. PawnHero looks at three things that make luxury watches such valuable, pawnable pieces.
1. Brands have built perception over the years.
Patek Philippe, Tag Heuer, Rolex, Cartier, Tissot, Omega, Philip Stein, Bulgari, and more—these are names that are associated with class and luxury watches. Mention these names to anyone and they’ll likely regard you with a sense of awe and wonder. These brands evoke a sense of the elite, the unique in their watches and time pieces. For many of them, it’s a matter of long histories and equally long reputations for excellence. For others, it’s a mix of that and the images they create. Either way, if your watch has these factors backing it, expect a good price.
2. Scarcity creates greater value.
Casio watches aren’t perceived as “luxury” watches—and they never try to be. All their popular models are sold en masse and in-bulk. The number of units sold works to the advantage of these brands because the larger sales volume mitigates the expenses of production. Luxury brands tend to release several models in far more limited quantities. Not only does this create a perception of value-through-rarity, but—in a practical sense—does require a higher price to cover expenses properly.
3. Quality costs money.
In spite of its small size, luxury watches contain very complex interior machinery called “movements”. These are finely engineered components that have undergone rigorous testing and development. Depending on the pedigree of the manufacturer, this can cost much in terms of time and investment. What you end up with is simply marvelous however and guaranteed to be durable through the years. That’s not even mentioning the care and attention given to make these pieces look beautiful.
If you find yourself in a situation where you need quick cash without going through the hassles of someone else asking for your credit history, PawnHero might just be the one who can help you get out of that rut.
Here at PawnHero, we recognize the value of prized possessions and have created a new way for people to pawn. We provide an easy, fair, and convenient way of overcoming short-term cash needs simply by using technology from having your item appraised, to getting the item to us, and getting the cash right in your bank account. We are also committed to giving back a competitive rate for your item’s worth, after they undergo a thorough inspection by our team of top-notch appraisers.
- PawnHero is an easy way to divest unwanted heirloom, gadgets with a newer model out in the market, or any of your personal items in for quick cash.
- We offer interest rates as low as 4.5% for luxury watches (which is half of the current rate pawnshops in the Philippines are currently offering).
- We guarantee a higher appraisal value for your items.
- We are committed to giving you a fair transaction and dislike hidden costs and penalties for late payments just like you. None of that here!
- You are free to pawn anything, from virtually anywhere as long as you have a working internet connection. We also provide free and fully insured pick up for the items that you want to pawn. (Read more here.)
PawnHero is at the helm of transforming the way people pawn items in such a way that we make it more convenient for you. Interested to pawn? Read our step-by-step guide and start turning your closet-space filler into instant cash!